Online Banking & Bill Pay
- Contact Citizens Bank Customer Service for Online Banking access.
- Your NetTeller ID will be assigned by Citizens Bank. Your initial NetTeller PIN will be the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. You will be required to change your PIN the first time you log on to NetTeller. NetTeller requires your e-mail address.
- Log on to Citizens Bank’s website at www.cbkamericus.com
- Follow the steps to access online banking. Enter your NetTeller ID and PIN in the appropriate fields.
- You will be prompted to answer a list of security questions.
- Once logged on, a listing of your accounts accessible through NetTeller will be displayed.
- To add additional accounts to your online banking account, please contact customer service.
Next to each account is a drop-down menu with the list of activities available for your account. (Some account options may not be available or may require additional fees.)
Viewing Account Information
- Select “Transactions” from the drop-down menu to view transactions that have posted to your account since your last statement.
- Click on the column headings to change the order in which transactions are displayed. If sorting by “Ref/Check No.”, the balance column will not be shown.
- If images of checks are available, click “View Image” in the Check No. column.
You may view activity Since Last Statement, Previous 7 Days, 15 Days, or 30 Days.
- Select “Transfers” from the drop-down menu next to the account from which you want the funds debited.
- From here you will be able to enter a new transfer, view pending transfers, or view transfer history for the selected account.
- To enter a new transfer, select “New.”
- Enter all necessary fields including account number transferring to, amount, and the frequency.
- Click SUBMIT.
The cut-off time for funds transfers is 5 p.m. EST for regular transfers and 4 p.m. EST for cash management users. Transfers entered after this time will be processed on the following business day.
Adding Stop Payments
- The fee for stop payment is $25.00.
- Select “Stop Payments” from the drop-down menu next to the account for which you want to add the stop. Fill in required fields.
- Click Submit.
- Print your Stop Payment and sign.
- Mail/Fax to the bank at fax number (229) 928-6488.
- Stop Payment is not valid unless we receive a signed confirmation within 10 business days from the date of Stop Payment.
- Stop Payment is effective for 6 months after acceptance date and will expire unless renewed in writing.
Managing Online Banking
You can make many changes to your Citizens Bank Online Account by accessing “Options.” Under the Account Management Options menu, you will have a Personal, Account, Display, and Alert Tab.
From the “Personal” tab you can:
- Change your e-mail address
- Change your Citizens Bank 12-digit ID to a name or number that is easily remembered. (You can still use the 12-digit ID at any time.)
- Change your PIN
From the “Account” tab you can:
- Change from account numbers to account names
From the “Display” tab you can:
- Change the way your account history is displayed.
From the “Alert” tab you can:
- Create items for which you will be sent an alert. You may enter alerts to watch account balances, be notified when a check clears; or personal watches, such as birthdays or anniversaries.
Setting Up Your Accounts to Pay Bills
- Contact Citizens Bank Customer Service to be set up for bill pay.
- Log on to NetTeller and select the Bill Pay menu. From the menu, select the account you want to designate as the Bill Pay account. (After initial setup, all accounts associated with your online banking ID can be used for Bill Pay.)
- To help distinguish between personal and Bill Pay checks, Bill Pay checks will begin with check #7000.
- Monthly fee of $4.75 per Bill Pay account.
- Your first 10 Bill Pay items are included free with your flat monthly charge.
- $.40 per transaction for every transaction after the first 10
Instructions for Setting Up Payees & Payments
Payees: If you want to add a new "Payee," first select the "Payments" sub-tab located within the Bill Payment Tab. Select "Add a Payee" and complete information as instructed.
Payments: You may add a new payment to a "Payee" by accessing the service and entering the appropriate information.
- You may pay any "Payee" within the United States (including U.S. territories and APO's/AEP's).
- The Bank is not responsible for payments that cannot be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
The Bill Paying Process
Single Payments - A single payment will be processed on the business day (generally Monday through Friday, except certain holidays) that you designate as the payment's processing date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date. The daily cut-off time, which is controlled by the Bank, is currently 3:00 EST.
A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be processed on the next business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays) as the payment's processing date, the payment will be processd on the first business day following the designated processing date.
Recurring Payments - When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a processing date is calculated for the next occurence of the payment. If the calculated processing date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules:
- If the recurring payment's "Pay Before" option is selected, the processing date for the new occurence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the calculated processing date.
- If the reccuring payments "Pay After" option is selected, the processing date for the new occurence of the payment is adjusted for the first business date after the calculated processing date.
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated processing date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated processing date.
Single and Recurring Payments
The system will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment. This is only an estimate, so please allow ample time for your payments to reach your "Payees".
Cancelling a Payment
A bill payment can be changed or cancelled any time prior to the cutoff time on the scheduled processing date. If a change is possible, you will see an "Edit" link with the scheduled payment.
For scheduled payments, the funds are verified against your available balance prior to processing the payment. If funds are not available on the requested processing date, the payment will be scheduled for the next processing date. If funds are still not available, the payment will be cancelled and you will be sent a message to resubmit the payment.
*Please refer to the Online Bill Pay Agreement for additional Terms and Conditions.
Click here to learn more about Internet Banking Security.